In addition to visiting Tanzania where we recently installed a bathroom and washroom for the children’s school, our club has not let COVID-19 stop us from serving our local community. Here’s just a bit of what we’ve been doing:
- We helped the Scouts with their recent food drive
- We’ve supported Rebuilding Together which helps disabled and elderly people mitigate fall risks so they can stay in their homes
- We provided white boards to make it easier for students at Ruch Outdoor School to be able to study at home.
- We’ve provided 30 meals each week for students at a local school who may otherwise not have enough to eat at home.
- We have worked (and continue to work) with the other 9 Rotary Clubs in the Rogue Valley to provide grants to sole proprietors and small businesses who lost their tools in the fires last year so that they can return to work and earn an income.
- We’re starting to help the County Health Department as they roll out COVID-19 vaccine
- We’re getting ready to build more Welcome Boxes for children who are entering the foster care program
- We’ll be weeding, cleaning, and planting on Britt Hill to get ready for the summer season
- We’ve adopted blocks at the Jacksonville Historic Cemetery and will be keeping them tidy
…and who knows what else. Our motto is Service Above Self and we’re always looking for ways to be of service to our community and to the world. We can always use help, so please contact us if you’d like to join us at one of our upcoming projeccts.